Protecting Our Customers and Our Employees
Escape Challenge Post Covid-19
We have had lots of time to consider the mitigation plan to make sure we do not contribute to the spread. Together, with other businesses, we look forward to reopening businesses in Minnesota, and keeping our state safe at the same time.
We are anxious for an opportunity to get our employees back to work, and to provide a fun adventure for families that need to do something fun in a controlled environment.
Escape Challenge has made some changes to our normal business policies, but many of our normal procedures already put us in a safe position for customer, and employee, safety.
Our normal business policies were already very low risk
- All of our groups are by appointment only – groups of people, usually families who live together, come as a group.
- The maximum group size is ten, but the average group size is 6.
- Each group is separated, they don’t have interactions with other groups that are at the facility at the same time.
- If one group is in a room, no other group would go in there until it has been cleaned.
- We have always provided hand sanitizer in every challenge for our customers. That will continue.
We will make the following changes to protect our customers
- All groups will be private only. There will not be any public groups.
- Our customers will not be allowed to hang out in the lobby area. The lobby area will be cleaned every hour.
- We have staggered our start times to ensure that the arrival times would be different for all groups.
- Our scheduled start times have been spread out to be able to sterilize the entire adventure between groups.
- We will ask customers to wash hands upon arrival, or use hand sanitizer, and before they leave our business
- The time spent with customers is generally less than 3 minutes. We can maintain a 6-foot distance between employees and customers.
- Customers will be required to wait in their vehicle in the parking lot until their scheduled time. They will be given a phone number that they can call when they arrive to ensure that we are ready for them to enter the building. This will ensure customers arriving early or late will not come into contact with other groups.
We will make the following changes to protect our employees
- Enhanced focus on hygiene
- Social distancing to reduce/remove time spent with customers
- Masks/gloves provided for the sterilization of the challenges each hour
- Prompt identification and isolation of sick persons
- Communication and training for managers and employees
- Continued focus on employee self-awareness of symptoms.
- Process for notifying management if employees are experiencing symptoms